Zeagle’s First Jacket-Style BCD
Which is better, jacket-style or back-inflate BCD? This question can stir up an array of emotions and opinions among dive forums, groups, and on social media. However, we believe that the correct answer is “the one that works best for you”. So why, up to this point, have we focused on back-inflate style BCDs? Well, if you know our skydiving origins, then you might understand that reliable back-mount gear is what we knew best, and that is where we put our focus. (After all, failure is not an option when it comes to skydiving or dive equipment.) However, as time went by, we recognized the need for a jacket-style BCD with the legendary construction and quality for which Zeagle is known. So we went to work.
Zeagle is recognized for its dependable and durable back-inflation BCs including the Ranger, Stilletto, and Zena series and is proud to now offer a new option, the Halo Jacket BCD. The Halo is a buoyancy compensator designed for divers who prefer the wraparound fit and inflation that only a jacket-style BC can deliver, but with features that have made Zeagle legendary among recreational and technical divers worldwide.
- Design: The new Halo BC has a comfortable, body-hugging jacket fit. It offers an adjustable depth compensating cummerbund, comfort harness, and a lumbar support.
- Personal Fit System®: The Halo offers a modified version of Zeagle’s popular Personal Fit System®. This system allows for easy custom shoulder replacement to create a perfect fit.
- Ripcord® Weight System: The Halo is the world’s first jacket-style BC to feature Zeagle’s patented Ripcord® Weight System. While the Ripcord System is a Zeagle exclusive that has been an integral feature years, we redesigned it for the Halo BC series with a new ergonomic handle design. It allows for up to 20 lbs of dumpable weight with custom-made weight pouches. An additional 10 lbs of non-ditchable weight can be added to the rear trim pockets. That is 30 pounds of combined weight. All specially designed for a jacket-style BC.
- Lift: The Halo offers up to 33 pounds of lift (size Medium). More than enough buoyancy to keep your head comfortably out of the water while on the surface.
- Weight: Lugging around a heavy BCD can become cumbersome even if you are staying close to home. The Halo weighs just 8.2 pounds without weights.
- Material: The Halo BC is constructed of durable 1000 denier material and a mix of 1680D heavy-duty and 420/PU material.
- Accessory Management: Keeping your SMBs, lights, knives and gauges organized is a concern for all divers, not just technical ones. These features give a technical-style organization to a recreational BC.
- Seven (7) stainless-steel D-rings
- Two (2) large accessory pockets
- Dual knife-mount positioning…because “Two is one, and one is none.”
- Dual (left and right) retractor mount pocket
- Color: Available in Black
- Sizes: Men’s/Unisex sizes S-XL
If you are in the market for a jacket-style BCD with uncompromising quality and durability known only to Zeagle, then the Halo is the right choice for you. The Halo is available now, so contact your local Zeagle retailer or click here to order one today.
Halo in Action
Do you want to see the Halo BC in action? Check out the Zeagle blog, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Want to show off your Halo BCD? Include #ZeagleHalo in your posts, and we may share it with the #Zeagle community!
Share This Post: