Imagine yourself on your dream scuba vacation. The sun is shining, the seas are flat, and the water is crystal clear. The anticipation builds as you near the dive site, and you almost jump out of your skin when you hear the Captain call the 5-minute warning. Before you jump in, you do your final pre-dive checks…you are totally prepared. In you go with a SPLASH! What the!? Uncontrollable free-flowing regulator?! Dive aborted. A total fun fail!
Whether you are diving to technical depths or drifting along a beautiful reef, your regulator needs to perform perfectly from beginning to end, dive after dive. Performance and durability have always been the focus of Zeagle's design philosophy. We build our regulators the way we would expect them to be… rock solid and reliable.
Our regulators have and always will perform flawlessly – so why would we set out to make changes? We did so because of the advancements in technology and materials. If Zeagle can improve function and make your gear last longer, we will. To do this, we teamed up with our friends at Atomic Aquatics, the makers of some of the best piston regulators on the market. Their designers and engineers worked alongside our team with one goal in mind: To produce the best performing diaphragm regulator on the market. After all, what goes on under the water can take your breath away, and it is our duty to give it back.
1. Proprietary super alloy valve spring delivers superior tensile strength and corrosion resistance compared to stainless steel. This allows for us to use fewer coils for uninterrupted airflow to the second stage.
2. Adjustable spring pad that allows us to adjust and fine tune the spring force to achieve the perfect natural breathing characteristics.
3. New inhalation diaphragm provides superior tear strength and improved response time to breathing (super soft co-molded silicone).
4. Improved exhaust valve ensures dryness and a lower exhalation effort.
5. Advanced polymer case now smaller and lighter and more impact-resistant.
6. Patented seat-saving orifice retracts while not in use to extend seat life.
7. Seat comprised of soft silicone molded over a metal insert to deliver the firmness required for an airtight seal while maintaining the necessary elasticity to prevent leak-causing impressions.
8. Redesigned front cover and inhalation effort control knob use co-molded components that provide the necessary grip, soft touch and ease of use.
9. Redesigned heat sink dramatically increases surface area, aiding in the heat exchange necessary to avoid freeze-up.
10. Zirconium-plated inlet tube and heat sink for superior corrosion resistance.
11 & 12. New balanced diaphragm design and the environmentally-sealed ambient chamber ensure top performance in any condition.
13 & 14. Redesigned environmental seal cap and yoke knob enhance the design aesthetics.
15. Redesigned poppet with improved tolerances.
16. New case snap-in insert near mouthpiece allows you to personalize F8 for color style.
17. New front cover design with anti-surge.
18. Threaded cover ring for improved safety.
19. Smaller mouthpiece with super soft silicone and color-accented, tear resistant Bite Lugs.
20. New stylized “Z” logo.